Park Slope is known for it's amazing Halloween Parade. This year the Park Slope Civic Council Halloween Parade will take place on Oct. 31, 2009 at 6:30pm. I'm so excited for this family-friendly treat! It promises to be extra special this year. The route has changed slightly from prior years and their will be a musical performance before the parade starts, as well as at the end of the parade.
Below is an agenda of the evening. If you are wondering when Trick or Treating officially starts many of the businesses on start at 4pm (some earlier, some later)…
Here’s more information about the other Goings On during Halloween in the Slope:
The 2009 Costume Contest Categories for The Park Slope Civic Council Costume Contest!
- The Spooky Sea Award (best overall theme)
- Best in Show- Adults
- Best in Show-Kid's Scariest Sea
- Monster Best “Small-Fry” (baby)
- Best Pop Culture Best Cat-or-Dogfish (best pet)
- Craftiest Seafarin’ Craft (best stroller/wagon)
- Best in a “School “(group/ensemble)
- 12:45- 3:00 The Halloween Pups on Parade at Washington Park (5th Ave btw 3rd and 4th)
- 3:00- 6:30 Free Photos in front of John Jay High School (7th Ave btw 3rd and 4th)
- 3:00--3: 55 Registration for the Costume Contest
- 4:00--5:00 Costume Contest
- 5:00--6:00 Musical Performance by Ethan’s Motley Rockin’ Show (in front of John Jay
- 6:30 The Park Slope Civic Council Halloween Parade
The parade will include bands, giant puppets, and other fun things. After the parade highlights have passed, feel free to join the parade at the end (so as not to trip puppets, band members, etc). Let's keep everyone safe and able to see the puppets!
NEW PARADE ROUTE:
- Start at 14th st and 7th ave
- Turn left onto 3rd st
- Turn left onto 5th ave
- Into Washington Park (formerly JJ Byrne Park) to end with some music!