WELCOME TO HIP SLOPE MAMA

A Blogazine, based out of Park Slope, Brooklyn, that features fun and interesting articles. Topics include: parenting, society, real estate, career, style, spirituality and more. Written contributions are always welcome!


Sunday, October 19, 2008

Part II: Scope the Slope with Anna of "What I Wear Daily"


You Can Have It All for Nothing or Less...in Brooklyn


I'm a deal hunter, so I often find myself at Beacon's Closet on 5th Avenue, which is less about hunting than being faced with a choice of which deal to take. I also do a quick lap at the Brooklyn Flea every other Sunday. And then there's an occasional visit to Williamsburg to visit Pop. I go to these places for the prices and the variety.

For everything in this picture I spent less than $45 dollars and found it all in Brooklyn.


  • Engenharia de Moda dress from Beacon's Closet in Park slope
  • Necklace from Pop in Williamsburg
  • Ralph Lauren boots from the Brooklyn Flea in Fort Greene


Anna Collins moved to New York three years ago to work for a start-up nonprofit organization and to fulfill a long held dream of starting her own business. She lives in Park Slope, works in Cobble Hill, and hopes to have a store in Brooklyn in the not-too-distant future. As a daily reminder of this dream, she publishes a blog called What I Wear Daily (www.whatiweardaily.blogspot.com) which allows her to showcase some of her favorite local boutiques, the very ones that inspire her to keep writing that business plan.