WELCOME TO HIP SLOPE MAMA

A Blogazine, based out of Park Slope, Brooklyn, that features fun and interesting articles. Topics include: parenting, society, real estate, career, style, spirituality and more. Written contributions are always welcome!


Friday, August 22, 2008

Part I: Scope the Slope with Anna of "What I Wear Daily"

"There is no blue without yellow and without orange" - Vincent Van Gogh


The Marc Jacobs jumpsuit I'm wearing in this photo came from Beacon's Closet in Park Slope, the fun and eclectic buy/sell/trade clothing shop on Fifth Avenue and President Street. In this photo I'm sitting on a bridge that connects Park Slope to Carroll Gardens. It occurs to me just now that this is the same thing I wore for my first post of my own blog WhatIWearDaily.blogspot.com. As a first time contributor to Hip Slope Mama, the jumpsuit seems a good way to jumpstart, so to speak, this series of three photos which HSM will post over the next weeks. And the bridge serves as an apt metaphor to link me to Hip Slope Mama and the great community of Park Slope, as well as the greater communities of Brooklyn, New York and beyond.


Anna Collins moved to New York three years ago to work for a start-up nonprofit organization and to fulfill a long held dream of starting her own business. She lives in Park Slope, works in Cobble Hill, and hopes to have a store in Brooklyn in the not-too-distant future. As a daily reminder of this dream, she publishes a blog called What I Wear Daily (www.whatiweardaily.blogspot.com) which allows her to showcase some of her favorite local boutiques, the very ones that inspire her to keep writing that business plan.